Akura is a Dreamcast HDMI box with built-in scanline generator. Akura outputs 480p video over HDMI, so you can play your favourite DC games in higher resolution on modern displays. Akura has another built-in feature called Scanliner, which adds scanlines effect to th image.
Another feature of the Akura is the RGB/VGA mode switch, which lets you play games that are not VGA compatible. All you need to do is trick the console while booting(after the beep sound) by switching to VGA mode position to alter this limitation on those games. Akura is not an upscaler so some non VGA games may not work.
Modern displays don't give the feel of our old CRT TVs. Old games look better on old TVs, however your new hi-tech screen gives edgy, pixelated graphics which decreases your gaming appetite. This is because CRTs have scanlines and games were designed for these displays. If you are an enthusiast of 2D fighting games or shoot 'em ups, you will notice it's even worse in VGA mode because of the higher details. Scanliner helps you to eliminate this problem So you can play your Street Fighter 3 game in full glory even better than before.
It’s possible to turn off scanlines easily with a switch, you can also select Even or Odd scanlines or you can change the width of the scanlines.
Pure Audio output in Stereo...
Akura has both analog and digital audio output feature. It can output digital audio via HDMI or analog audio via headphone jack to let you plug your console to an amplifier or a stereo system or simply your TV. So you can hear the sounds which you have never before and feel as you are in the game.
All our products are handmade using high quality imported components. Every component is tested multiple times and chosen carefully for its longevity. We use high quality shielded video cable for better video and audio quality.
1. 480p video output via HDMI
2. RGB/VGA switch to select the 15khz RGB mode or the 31khz VGA mode.
3. HDMI connector for plugging to your TV/monitor.
4. Headphone audio output jack for plugging to a Hi-Fi
system(amplifier) or TV.
5. Scanliner ON/OFF switch to turn it on or off.
6. Scanliner Even/Odd switch for selecting even or odd scanlines.
7. Scanliner Width switch for selecting thin or thick scanlines
8. Luminosity adjustment as a bonus feature.
9. Blue power led.
10. High quality custom made Dreamcast audio/video cable.
11. Durable plexi case with laser etched Akura logo.